Members of Port Macquarie & Districts Family History Society have recorded these podcasts at Port Macquarie Library's new Imaginarium facility, to help you get started in the fascinating, addictive, and sometimes frustrating, pastime that's family history research. We hope that you find them useful – and if you have any ideas for further topics that we should cover for beginning researchers, please pass them on by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,au.
The podcasts and YouTube material accessible from this web site have been produced by members of Port Macquarie & Districts Family History Society Inc. based on their knowledge and experience. Web sites, sources of information, methods of accessing it change over time, in which case we may not have updated this material to reflect the latest situation. If you notice any factual errors, please let us know via email email@example.com.
1. The Starting Point.
2. Recording your Research Data.
3. What will you do with the results of your
4. What sort of information do you look for,
and what can you learn from it - BDMs.
9. International Travel.
10. Historical Records.
11. Armed Services Records.
12. Convict Records.
13. Naming conventions.
14. The internet.
15. Searching on the internet.
16. Free sites on the internet (pt.1)
17. Free sites on the internet (pt.2)
18. Subscription sites on the internet.
19. Where do I search for information?
Family History Societies.
20. Where to search for information?
21. Putting information about ancestors
into a social context.
22. Official records don't always tell the
23. How DNA analysis can help your